- In “longer life mode”, the turbid water is first prefiltered through the ceramic disk. By doing this, you remove various particles before it reaches the glassfiber filter therefore extending the life of filter. In this mode, you will produce up to 1 quart per minute of clean drinkable water.
- In “faster mode”, the water is directed straight to the glassfiber filter. Without the additional ceramic filtration, the water is not pre-filtered in which causes the glassfiber filter to become worn much quicker. In this mode, you will produce up to 2 quarts per minute of clean drinkable water.
- Effective against microorganisms, bad taste, and chemicals
- Suitable for solo use and small groups up 5 people
- suitable for clear, cloudy and extremely dirty water
- For daily or very frequency use
- Lightweight and portable
The Katadyn Vario also features a replaceable activated carbon core which reduces chemicals and improved taste and odor. The dual piston mechanism provides continuous water flow with minimal effort. The base of the Vario attaches directly to water bottles or output hose can be use to fill hydration system (CamelBak) or larger containers.
- Produces up to two quarts per minute in the faster flow mode and one quart per minute in longer life mode
- Replaceable carbon core keeps water tasting fresh; reduces chemicals, odors, and toxins throughout the life of the cartridge
- Dual piston technology provides maximum output with minimum effort
- Adapter base attaches directly to water bottles or an output hose can be used to fill hydration systems or larger containers
The Katadyn Vario is a must-have for anyone that needs clean water within 60 seconds time!
How Does It Work
- Ideal portable water filter for 1 to 4 people
- Faster water flow – up to 2 quarts per minute of clean drinkable water
- Multi-stage Filtration: a simply turn engages a ceramic prefilter for longer life in dirty water or a glassfiber filter in normal conditions
- Replaceable carbon keeps water tasting fresh; reduces chemicals, odors and toxins through life of cartridge
- Ceramic prefilter is a cleanable dirt shield that extends the life of your filter
- Prefect for width mouth bottles and hydration systems
What's In The Box
- Katadyn Vario water filter
- Vario microfilter cartridge
- Vario ceramic disc
- Intake hose
- Output hose with Bottle Clip
- Carry Bag
- Cleaning Pad (For Ceramic Disc)
--split-title-- Specifications --split-desc--
|Dimensions||7.5" x 4" (10 x 19 cm)|
|Weight||Approx. 15 oz|
|Capacity||Up to 500 gallons (2,000 liters) depending on water quality|
|Technology||Pumpfilter; ceramic prefilter, 0.3 micron glasfibre membrance, replaceable activated carbon granulate|
|Effect||Eliminates bacteria, protozoa, cysts, algae, spores, sediments. Reduces chemicals and improves and odor|
|Ouput||Approx. 2 quarts/min (Faster Flow)
Approx. 1 quart/min (Longer Life)
--split-title-- Documents --split-desc--
This kit includes the following:
You can use it to power a wide variety of devices like cell phones,
laptops, tablets, mini-fridges, TV's lights, power tools, and the list
goes on. Any device that requires less than 500 watts, the Safari LT can
To calculate how long the Safari LT can power a device, use this formula:
Wh / W = Estimated Run Time. The Safari LT has a continuous 450Wh of
power output. For example, if your device draws 25 watts then the LT
would power the device for 18 hours (450Wh/25W=18hours).
It will maintain its charge for up to a year without having to charge it.
This is known as shelf life or storage life. However, we recommend using
it more frequently – in the house, outside, on adventures and ready for emergencies. It has over 1,000 cycle capacity so you can use it again and again and again
Once you turn on the main Safari LT unit, turn on the USB, 12V, or the 4 DC 12V barrel output by pressing the yellow Power Indicator button in the output area on the front of the Safari LT device for 2-3 seconds.
Use this text to answer questions in as much detail as possible for your customers.
Safari LT Solar Generator
Wall Charger Adapter (5V@3.4A)